Grievance Report-Chicopee Education Association
March 16, 2016
Grievance 2 A- Level 2– Unit A member- specialized position (non-teaching) – scheduled to teach three daily classes in addition to performing the services of the specialized position. A verbal solution was offered- waiting for implementation.
Grievance 3 A- Level 2– Unit A member- specialized position (non-teaching) – scheduled to teach one daily class in addition to performing the services of the specialized position. Still being resolved.
Grievance 5A, 6A, & 7A- Class Action– 3 Unit A members were hired and are working in areas and/or grade levels for which they are not certified. HR verbally stated that all three members would be receiving letters stating that if they are not certified by the end of the school year, they will lose their positions.
Issues Dealt With This Month
- Unit A members losing prep/lunch time due to late parents picking up children. Resolved with principal having office assistant monitor children at the mid-day and creating a rotating duty schedule for after school dismissal.
- PD time- Unit A members were bring required to do HW reading assignments in preparation for several PD days in one school. Issue was resolved by giving optional PDPs for teachers who choose to do the “HW”
- Unit A doing Unit E bus monitor duty- this is strictly a Unit E position. HR tells me that the teacher was removed from the duty.
- Two MOAs regarding the switching of prep and meeting time at the elementary level and preschool graduation -from a year ago- are still not completed.
- Reports of Unit E doing Unit A’s work without compensation. Please let us know- we can’t address the problem if we don’t know the particulars of the situation.