Wednesday, September 1, 2021 3:30-5:00
Starting Time: 3:34 Adjournment Time: 5:08
- Presentation of Agenda
- Consent Agenda (Reports from Corresponding Secretary, Political Action Liaison, Recording Secretary, Treasurer, and Grievance Chair)
- President’s Remarks
- New Business
- Old Business
Accepted without opposition.
This is a non-judgement zone. Please let Laura know if you feel uncomfortable. We will probably have disagreements, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be civil and make progress. If your building doesn’t have a CAT member, think about joining with others to share the communication.
Send CEA applications to Robbin Lussier: firstname.lastname@example.org OR text the pic to me at 413.427.4601
Every building should have at least one CAT to run a monthly building meeting
PAC are voluntary and should be half chosen by CEA and half chosen by administration
Make sure you read your contract
Mask Policy and Conditions –
- PE masking is still unknown, clarification forthcoming
- Maximize distance in the classroom
- Prepackaged water is coming soon
- Progressive discipline for mask issues (currently decided by buildings and to be discussed by PAC teams)
- Small groups are a work in progress
- Heat accommodations
- HEPA filters should still be used
- Open House protocols should be social distanced with masks
- Weekly COVID cases update from district
- If test positive, 10 day quarantine or until negative test result.
Negotiations Update –
All Units: There will be a salary increase. 21 to 26 paychecks, choice yearly until an individual switches to 26, new hires are automatically enrolled. June is a balloon of the 3 checks.
Unit E: Dollar amount instead of percentage for salary. Increase for severe special needs. Increase retirement payout.
Unit A: Language clean up. Stipends are TAed. Fighting for SPED, but not much movement yet. Some masters programs can move to a higher column.
Unit B: Reach out to Neva Frumkin or Tim Sweeney
CEA Open Positions – Claudia Plaferman and Lauren Garlett are new Political Action Liaisons. New Member Liaison (1), Webmaster Position (1), Health Metrics (2), help with the Christmas Party (any needed), help with Candidate Forums (any needed)
Dues – CEA doesn’t take out dues until October
ULP Update – Withdraw in exchange for building in a 10 day grace period and a threshold notification
- Make sure MOA is followed; by you, by staff, and by students. (i.e. people using PPE properly, filters on all day, etc.) If it isn’t, talk to your principal and let your building rep or CAT know.
- There are plenty of monitors, headsets, and other technology. Ask your principal.
Next Meeting on October 6, 2021 (via Zoom starting at 4:00)