Wednesday, February 3, 2021 4:00-5:00
Starting Time: 4:01 Adjournment Time: 5:15
- Presentation of Agenda
- Consent Agenda (Reports from Corresponding Secretary, Political Action Liaison, Recording Secretary)
- President’s Remarks
- Treasurer’s Report
- Grievance Chair’s Report
- New Business
- Old Business
Added Treasurer’s and Grievance Report. Accepted without opposition.
We can always use more CAT members. These should be your first point of contact.
These meetings are a safe and democratic space for all members.
Health Metrics Committee
2 weeks ago they wanted more students back in person. Last week, there was agreement. CTE and ROTC will be returning on Feb 8 for those classes only. City Health Dept is no longer advocating for 6-9 to return before February break.
10th grade CTE and ROTC will be returning for all classes.
ALANA (African American, Latino/a American, Asian American & Native American) – Meant as a support system for our POC community. Getting POC who are willing to run for city council and school committee. Pushing for surveys to go out in all languages.
Meetings are every other Thursday. All are welcome.
We use actual translators, not just Google.
Reopening Committee – Language is still being worked out. It will be voted on at an all member meeting before approval. Goal of equity.
- Wednesday will be a full remote day. Teachers can stay home
- High needs kept in separate cohorts for lunches (this is not meant to single out SPED, but to limit to specific cohorts. Federal legal issue if only targets SPED)
- Pool testing with DESE (6 weeks)
- Vaccination site for educators
- Playground equipment will be sanitized between cohorts
- Email all issues to building principal and cc CAT or building rep. Principal will rectify immediately.
- Weekly meetings with principals
- Principals notify staff location by February 3.
- Principals notify class lists and schedules by February 11.
- Simultaneous pay (remote and in person at same time) will continue until February 12.
- Full remote classes will not be required to work from building.
- ½ day asynchronous 2/5 for new to building.
- COVID-19 Reporting Guide will be delivered to all staff.
- Make sure MOA is followed; by you, by staff, and by students. (i.e. people using PPE properly, filters on all day, etc.) If it isn’t, talk to your principal and let your building rep or CAT know.
- Some ADAs are being refused in order to do a hybrid. If it is not serious enough, use LOA, FMLA, sick time, etc. Details on CEA website (www.chicopeeeducators.org)
- There are plenty of monitors, headsets, and other technology. Ask your principal.
Next Meeting via Zoom on March 3, 2021
Please use this link to sign in to today’s CEA All Member Zoom Meeting