Grievance Report-Chicopee Education Association
October 14, 2015
Grievance 1 E- 2014-2015 The transference of work from Unit B to Unit E- Resolved at Level 2 with Unit E member being monetarily compensated for doing Unit B’s work at the additional rate of $15 per hour. I reported in June that this was resolved- HR assures me that Unit E member will be paid on 10/30/2015
Grievance 1 E Unit E member has been non-renewed from bus duty without documentation of discipline. Being resolved at Level 2
Grievance 2 E Unit E member has been non-renewed from bus duty without documentation of discipline. Being resolved at Level 2
Grievance 1 A– Level 2-Unit A member has been put on an Improvement Plan due to an invalid evaluation that includes: DDMS, insufficient observation and documentation, lack of evidence, inconsistent directives by administration, and district timelines not being followed by administration. Being resolved at Level 2
Issues Dealt With This Month
- June report- still not resolved. Mr. Nembirkow assured us that he would be bringing both MOAs to the School Committee during the month of June for approval.-Szetela Preschool evening graduation in lieu of open house and the Revised MOA language regarding elementary school meetings- Being Resolved at Level 2
- WIFI– Mr. Clark is attempting to resolve this with Mr. Rege. Should be resolved during October.
- Collaboration/Prep time during duty periods. Please contact your building rep with information regarding denial of the extra prep time.
- Specialized Staffing Positions– being used to cover prep time for other teachers. This is a change in working conditions and not allowed.
- DDM form up on TeachPoint– The district created a DDM form without consultation of the CEA. They have agreed to remove it until DDMs are negotiated.
- CTE afterhours positions- HR is looking into why some are posted, others not
- Unit A members being directed to do Unit B’s job- HR sent principal an email regarding the elimination of this new practice.
- Secretary Postings- New job description was posted without the CEA’s knowledge which included a changed job description.
- Finger Printing-Unit D is still waiting for a list from Mr. Morton’s office of approved outside providers allowed to see students in our schools. As of this date, we have received nothing. Until this happens we are not to allow outside providers, with the exception of DCF and River Valley to see any students.