Grievance Report-Chicopee Education Association
November 18, 2015
Grievance 1 E- 2014-2015 The transference of work from Unit B to Unit E- Resolved at Level 2 with Unit E member being monetarily compensated for doing Unit B’s work at the additional rate of $15 per hour. I reported in June that this was resolved- HR assures me that Unit E member will be paid on 10/30/2015. The former Unit E member was not paid on 10/30 due to an issue with the Treasurer’s department. Mr. Rege is resolving this.
Grievance 1 E Unit E member has been non-renewed from bus duty without documentation of discipline. Resolved at Level 2- with back pay- eventually- to the first day of school.
Grievance 2 E Unit E member has been non-renewed from bus duty without documentation of discipline. Resolved at Level 2- with back pay- eventually- to the first day of school.
Grievance 1 A– Level 2-Unit A member has been put on an Improvement Plan due to an invalid evaluation that includes: DDMS, insufficient observation and documentation, lack of evidence, inconsistent directives by administration, and district timelines not being followed by administration. Being resolved at Level 2- meeting to be held this week.
Grievance 2 D- Level 2– Class Action. Mutual Respect
Issues Dealt With This Month
- June report- still not resolved. Mr. Nembirkow assured us that he would be bringing both MOAs to the School Committee during the month of June for approval.-Szetela Preschool evening graduation in lieu of open house and the Revised MOA language regarding elementary school meetings- Being Resolved by Mr. Rege.
- Specialized Staffing Positions– being used to cover prep time for other teachers. This is a change in working conditions and not allowed. Mr Rege is resolving this issue.
- DDM form up on TeachPoint– The district created a DDM form without consultation of the CEA. The form is a piece of state requirements and is not mandated to be filled out until such time that DDMs have been bargained for.
- CTE afterhours positions- HR is looking into why some are posted, others not- Mr. Rege is looking into this.
- Special Education Class Size- out of compliance with state regulations- class sizes are to change immediately.
- Winter vacations- the district is not obligated to pay you when weather prevents you from returning from a vacation and you do not have personal time. Travel insurance does not cover this. L
- Secretary Postings- New job description was posted without the CEA’s knowledge which included a changed job description.- being resolved with HR.