Grievance Report-Chicopee Education Association
November 16, 2016
Grievance 2 A- 2015-2016– Unit A member- specialized position (non-teaching) – scheduled to teach three daily classes in addition to performing the services of the specialized position. Management has agreed that Unit A members with specialized non-teaching positions should not have scheduled classes, but may teach lessons with a teacher.
Update- the CEA and management are still working on a 1 year only compromise.
Issues Dealt With This Month
- Two Unit E members still have not been paid for extra duty work from the previous school year. Still being resolved.
- Ongoing legal proceedings
- Evaluation issues
- MOA to steam line the grievance process
- Involuntary transfers
- Unit D contractual issues
- Bus monitors
- Unit E member not being paid the same hourly rate as a Unit A member for performing the exact same job