Grievance Report-Chicopee Education Association
December 13, 2017
Level 3-Grievance 1D- New policies and procedures issued by Mr. Joyal have changed the working conditions of the Unit D members and violated their contract language – forcing them to work flex time.
Level 1- Grievance 2A- A Unit A member was given a letter of appointment to coach and sport and then management rescinded the letter and gave the position to another person- a month after the letter was issued.
Issues Dealt With This Month
- W2R issues- a many of them
- Per Diem Pay for Prep time
- Elementary conference inequality complaints
- Start times for schools being questioned by management
- Leave of Absence- not being granted – ULP filed in one case due to concerted activity
- Paycheck deductions/sick time for leaving early
Hours Unit A works at the secondary level:
7:41-2:08- student schedule – 6 hours and 27 minutes not including the extra 10 minutes as it is unassigned; however we are technically working- but not on duty– an additional 15 minutes in the morning. This brings us to 6 hours and 52 minutes.
25 minutes for lunch = 6 hours and 27 minutes
Our paychecks reflect 6 hours of pay- if management docks in true time – even though they are not paying in true time- the deduction isn’t proportionally accurate in terms of monetary compensation.