February – May 2022
A-4. Filed 10/26/2021. EBMS not structurally ready to receive SED program leading to teacher injuries, lost learning time, and safety issues of staff and students.
- Reviewed initially with the Superintendent at bi-weekly meeting on 11/1.
Sent back to L1; met with Principal 11/12
- Available technology supplied to program; BI office as self-care space; walkie talkies delivered
- DENIED at L1 as pertains to EBMS
- CEA move to L2 (11/30) to establish process/procedure for moving programs; seek reimbursement for any staff medical expenses as a result of EBMS move.
- No response for meeting at L2; move to CER 12/22
- RESOLVED at CER with the development of a process and procedure for moving Special Education Programs
A-5. Filed 11/4/2021. Unit A member suspended without just cause. Meeting held at L1. Response due 12/2.
- No response at L1; move to L2, 12/6.
- L1 response sent to member; no response for L2 meeting; move to L3 CER, meets 12/22
- RESOLVED at CER – member’s suspension reduced to 3 days with completion of training by September 2022; in addition, investigatory practices will be reviewed with all Administration.
A-6. Filed 11/16/2021. Paying teachers for coverage on prep and planning, include duty period at CCHS and CHS.
- L1 meeting held 11/29 with no meaningful discussion or resolution
- Mutually agree to move to L2
- Move to L2, 11/30; No response for L2 meeting; move to L3 CER to meet 12/22
- Tabled on 12/22; ongoing discussions held January – April; will remain on agenda to monitor and Administration will re-issue contract language regarding the use of volunteers.
- Still to be addressed – compensation of high school teachers and defining coverage
A-7. Filed 12/6/2021. Member preparing for and performing two jobs at the same time – interventionist and 4th grade teacher.
- L1 meeting held 12/15 with Principal; Principal can reimburse for meetings, reports, and prep for meetings
- Response from Principal due Jan. 3.
- Denied at Level 1; moved to Level 2 and RESOLVED with payment for completion of progress reports
A-8. Filed 12/29/2021. Member received an unjust letter of reprimand; there were continued investigation issues.
- L1 meeting held on 1/20
- Principal agrees to re-write letter as “documentation of a verbal conversation.
- RESOLVED with re-written letter received 1/21.
A-9. Filed 3/25/2022. Member, whose job title is guidance counselor/behavior interventionist used as a full-day substitute
- Level 1 meeting held 3/31. No response received after 7 days.
- Moved to Level 2 and will meet 4/21.
- RESOLVED at Level 2 with payment.
A-10. Filed 3/28/2022. Member injured by student in classroom. Request procedures and protocols to be put in place and reimbursement for expenses.
- Meeting held at Level 1, including Principal, Coordinator, SPED Director.
- Filed grievance at Level 2 when not completely resolved.
- Met at Level 2 on 4/12 – expenses paid with documentation and other support put in place.
- RESOLVED at Level 2.
A-11. Filed 4/5/2022. Member denied religious leave by HR and Superintendent based on Google search and staffing. Grievance filed based on contract language not stating approval is needed.
- Filed at Level 2 and met on 4/13. After confirming dates of activity, the days were approved.
- RESOLVED at Level 2.
B-1. Filed 11/16/2021. Academic Career and Technical Education Coordinator is responsible for discipline of a portion of the alphabet at CCHS, against job description.
- Meeting held 11/29; possible to only handle CTE student discipline.
- Further issues with discussion in building regarding member.
- Will move to L2 and add “retaliation for union activity.”
- RESOLVED at L2 with the following agreement:
- Discipline of students will continue until June 2022
- No student discipline in September 2022.
- Member will begin evaluation training and be assigned CTE teachers to evaluate in September 2022.
- The climate and functioning of the Administrative team at Comp will be addressed.
E-4. Filed 11/4/2021. Member denied paid and unpaid LOA without complete FMLA paperwork.
- Meeting held at L2 (Super) on 11/12; denied FMLA because no follow-up care, according to Super; showed follow-up appointments as Super was missing information.
- DENIED at L2 because Unit E (paraprofessional) does not qualify for FMLA
- CEA move to L3, 11/30; CER meeting 12/22.
- Member resigned. HR has established a new procedure for determining eligibility as a result of grievance.
- Spring 2021 Coaches’ Salaries prorated without notice. Followed grievance process to Level 5 – arbitration. Attorney assigned and scheduled for 1/27.
- Hearing held and briefs prepared.
- Decision received 4/6 – District must pay all coaches in the 2020-2021 season their full salary; found to have unilaterally changed salary without bargaining.
- Arbitrator ruled in favor of CEA – all coaches from 2020-2021 school year will be paid full salary as Administration did not bargain any salary changes.