Hi, In the next few weeks, members of the CEA will participate in three important initiatives.
- Thursday, 10/2/14, the Unit A Collective Bargaining Team will meet with the School Committee for the third time this year to hammer out a new contract. We meet again 10/23/14 and 10/30/14, if necessary.
As an informational follow-up, the Unit A Collective Bargaining Team will hold a General Meeting in the CHS theater from 3:00-4:00 PM, 11/3/14, to discuss the process, share negotiation details, and answer questions regarding ratification or further action.
- Tuesday, 10/21/14, Building Representative Training for all current and future Building Reps will be held in the CHS teacher’s cafeteria from 4:30-7:00 PM. The merely curious are welcome. Food Provided. Sign up through the MTA Holyoke office, email@example.com .
- Monday, 11/10/14,the Chicopee Member Forum will be held at the Chicopee Falls Polish Home, 27 Grove St, Chicopee, from 4:00-6:00 PM. Food provided.
This is one of a series of member-led forums being held across the state in response to a New Business Item approved by the MTA Annual Meeting of Delegates in May.
The NBI was proposed by Barbara Madeloni, the new MTA president, and she will be moderating the forum. This is a chance to meet her and to speak with her and your colleagues about important issues affecting our jobs and our students.
The goal is to build a stronger union and make sure we have a stronger voice in setting important education policies.
At the forum you will have a chance to:
- SPEAK. Participants will express their views on important issues. The main focus will be on the use of standardized tests in education and the new educator evaluation system.
- LISTEN. Participants will learn from each other.
- ACT. Participants will propose strategies for addressing problems identified at the forum.
Please let me know if you can attend and please encourage your colleagues to come, as well.
Sign up through the MTA Holyoke office, firstname.lastname@example.org .